For the topping:
350g fresh strawberries, sliced 1 tsp sugar
For the pastry case:
75g unsalted butter
1 tbsp sugar
80g plain flour
3 large eggs
For the filling:
125g cream cheese, softened 65g icing sugar
240m1 double cream
1 tsp lemon zest
380g lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 190t/170'C fan/gas mark 5. Lightly grease the sides and bottom of a 24cm springform cake tin.
- In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar and place in the fridge until needed.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, butter and sugar to a boil. odd the flour all at once and quickly stir the mixture until it begins to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat and keep stirring until the mixture is smooth. Allow to cool for five minutes.
- Using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs in one at a time until well combined, smooth and shiny. Spread the mixture In the bottom of the prepared cake tin and around 3cm up the sides. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and crisp to the touch.
- Prick the cake all over with a toothpick (if there is a lot of sticky batter on the toothpick, bake for another five minutes).Tum the oven off, put the cake back in and prop the over door open oath a wooden spoon. Allow to dry in the open oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove the cake to a wire rack and allow to cod completely.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the icing sugar, and whip until light and fluffy. Add the cream and lemon zest and continue whipping until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spread the lemon curd over the bottom of the cream puff shell. Spread the cream filling over this and top with the sugared strawberries.